Two United States Mint products for collectors sold out last week, and the bureau just published a list of other coin collecting products that will go off sale by year’s end.
No longer available are the 2013-P Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin and the 2013-W American Eagle Gold Uncirculated Coin.
The uncirculated American Gold Eagle, released on June 6, 2013, sold out this past Tuesday, December 3. Most recent US Mint sales have it at 7,329. Its sales total will change from there some, but not enough to make it move from the second least sold uncirculated American Gold Eagle in the series. Here is a table showing how it compares to mintages of the past collector coins from the series.
|1/2 oz||1/4 oz||1/10 oz||1 oz|
2013-P Fort McHenry Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins, released on August 29, 2013, also sold out this past Tuesday. This fourth release of five 2013 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins has US Mint sales of 19,634, which will also change slightly. There is just one coin now available from the series. Here is a table showing how Fort McHenry issue compares to all the other collector coins released:
|2010 Hot Springs National Park||27,000*|
|2010 Yellowstone National Park||27,000*|
|2010 Yosemite National Parks||27,000*|
|2010 Grand Canyon National Park||26,019*|
|2010 Mount Hood National Park||26,928*|
|2011 Gettysburg National Park||24,625*|
|2011 Glacier National Park||20,856*|
|2011 Olympic National Park||18,398*|
|2011 Vicksburg National Park||18,594*|
|2011 Chickasaw National Park||16,827*|
|2012 El Yunque National Park||17,314*|
|2012 Chaco Culture National Park||17,146*|
|2012 Acadia National Park||14,978*|
|2012 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park||14,863*|
|2012 Denali National Park||15,225*|
|2013 White Mountain National Forest||20,534*|
|2013 Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial||17,719*|
|2013 Great Basin National Park||17,809*|
|2013 Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine||19,634*|
|2013 Mount Rushmore National Memorial||21,135|
In the above table, a star “*” denotes that the coin is no longer available from the United States Mint.
Last Chance at US Mint Coins for Collector
On Friday, the US Mint released its list of coin collecting products that will not be available for long because they will go off sale at noon ET on December 31, 2013. These products include:
- 2013 5-Star Generals $5 Gold Commemorative Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2013 5-Star Generals $1 Silver Commemorative Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2013 5-Star Generals 50c Commemorative Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2013 5-Star Generals Profile Collection
- 2013 Girls Scouts Centennial $1 Silver Commemorative Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2013 Girl Scouts Young Collectors Set
- 2012 America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set
- 2012 Proof Platinum Eagle
- 2012 Alice Paul Suffragist First Spouse Gold Coin – Uncirculated
- 2012 Frances Cleveland 1st Term First Spouse Gold Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2012 Caroline Harrison First Spouse Gold Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
- 2012 Frances Cleveland 2nd Term First Spouse Gold Coins – Proof & Uncirculated
To order any of the above coin collecting products, visit the US Mint website at www.usmint.gov or visit its last chance products page right here.
Last chance products are advertised as first come and first served, and without any household ordering limits. They have a 7-day return policy. If a product is returned due to damage, the US Mint states it cannot guarantee it will be replaced. If that is the case, the Mint will refund it.