Design Candidates for 2009 American Eagle Platinum Proof Reverse Slated for Review
The Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) will hold a public meeting at 9:00 a.m. (EDT) on Friday, August 1, 2008, at the Baltimore Convention Center at One West Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201, the site of this year’s American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money. The purpose of the meeting is to conduct business related to the CCAC’s responsibility to advise the Secretary of the Treasury on themes and designs pertaining to United States coinage.
“Every year the members of the CCAC look forward to meeting at the ANA convention, because it’s a great opportunity to interact with the numismatic community,” noted CCAC Chairman Mitch Sanders. “We hope that any interested numismatists will come to our meeting and forum to see the coin design process in action, and especially to let us know their opinions about American coin design.”
Agenda (subject to change):
- Review design candidates for the reverse of the 2009 American Eagle Platinum Proof Coin and privy mark candidate designs for the series
- Public Forum to hear comments and suggestions will immediately follow meeting
- Other general business.
Who: Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC)
Pursuant to 31 U.S.C. 5135, the CCAC was established to:
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury on any theme or design proposals relating to circulating coinage, bullion coinage, commemorative coins, Congressional gold medals, and national and other medals produced by the Secretary;
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with regard to the events, persons, or places that the Committee recommends to be commemorated; and
- Advise the Secretary of the Treasury with respect to the mintage level for any commemorative coin recommended.
When: Friday, August 1, 2008, from 9:00 a.m. to noon ET
Where: American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money
Baltimore Convention Center, One West Pratt Street,
Rm. 316, Baltimore, MD, 21201
The CCAC meeting is open to the public. News media are welcome.
Contact: Press inquiries: Michael White (202) 354-7222
Customer Service information: (800) USA MINT (872-6468)