Two of the five 2012-P America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins have been released. The remaining three are scheduled, with specific release dates for them now available.
The three remaining America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins honor and have release dates of:
- Acadia National Park in Maine, August 13, 2012
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii, September 24, 2012
- Denali National Park in Alaska, November 5, 2012
The first 2012-P uncirculated coin depicted El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico and was released on May 21, 2012. The second coin honored Chaco Culture National Historical Park in New Mexico and was issued on July 9, 2012.
All America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins are composed of 99.9% fine silver, have a weight of five ounces, a diameter of 3 inches and are struck at the Philadelphia Mint so they bear a "P" mint mark. Their obverse and reverse designs are identical to their companion quarters. Aside from their size, their edges are of note with each having lettering of ".999 FINE SILVER 5.0 OUNCE."
The series was announced in 2010, although the first five coins were not actually released until 2011. For reference, here is a list of the sites honored in 2010:
- Hot Springs National Park in Arkansas
- Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming
- Yosemite National Park in California
- Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona
- Mount Hood National Forest in Oregon
The 2011 designs depicted scenes from:
- Gettysburg National Military Park in Pennsylvania
- Glacier National Park in Montana
- Olympic National Park in Washington
- Vicksburg National Military Park in Mississippi
- Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Oklahoma
The last two of these were only issued in 2012.
Going forward into next year, America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins are scheduled with releases at a rate of five each year until the last one, which is scheduled for release in 2021.
Currently, the United States Mint (http://catalog.usmint.gov/) is selling each of the available uncirculated coins for $204.95. In addition to the two 2012-dated silver coins, the U.S. Mint is still offering each of the five 2011-dated coins.